geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [jsr77][core] AbstractContainer start dependancies
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 01:45:32 GMT
Greg Wilkins wrote:
>Jan has noticed that the current implementation of
>AbstractContainer.addComponent
>creates a start dependancy so that the component must be started before the
>container is started.
I agree. This point has been logged on "24/Aug/03 12:03 AM" by the patch
GERONIMO-14. An excerpt of the patch description:

"In order to implement this patch, I have updated some core components:
- AbstractComponent: this class extends now AbstractManagedObject and no
more AbstractStateManageable.

- AbstractContainer: the addComponent has been updated. The parameters
provided to the DependencyService.addStartDependency were not in the right
order. More accurately, the components contained by a container were not
started when one invoked startRecursive on the container.
"

I have escalated on "31/Aug/03 07:39 PM" this patch in order to have at
least a partial commit:

"Priority has been heightened.

A partial commit should at least be applied:
- AbstractComponent should extend AbstractManagedObject.
- AbstractContainer should be updated: the call to
DependencyService.addStartDependency is incorrect."

I have also requested to close this patch on "06/Sep/03 08:39 PM" as it is
no more in sync with the code base (GeronimoMBean should be used to expose
the J2EE managed objects).

Moreover, on "06/Sep/03 01:51 AM", the patch GERONIMO-73 had underlined this
fact one more time:

"Actually, I wanted to patch some core components (AbstractComponent,
AbstractContainer) because there is a bug (another story) already reported
by GERONIMO-14, and I have decided to play it "safe" by using only the
Dependency service features."

I should be able to release at the end of the week an implementation of the
"Connection Management" section of the JCA specifications. I will post a
long mail explaining its inner workings prior to submit it in order to make
sure that committers are OK and will have a look to the patch...

Gianny

MSN Messenger 6  http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866 : plus de personnalisation, plus
de fun pour vous et vos amisÂ…