geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [XML Parsing]
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 02:45:40 GMT
>Yes.  The MBean implements ManagedObject and provides a mapping of
>attributes and operations to any number of target POJOs.  I also added
>support for caching attributes so the number of method calls is smaller.
>It uses cglib MethodProxy so it is super pretty fast anyway (single hash
>map lookup it the slow part).
Awesome.

Just for my information, why have you decided to re-implement a base class
for DynamicMBeans? MX4J comes with an helper class, namely
AbstractDynamicMBean, which does the job. Actually, one still need to
enhance this implementation in order to support multiple "resources" and
override getAttribute(s) to support caching.

It is true that MethodProxy is super fast (I also gave it a try), however -
I may be wrong here - the number of hits on the Manageable Objects will not
be significant enought to see a true performance improvement.

Gianny

Trouvez l'âme soeur sur MSN Rencontres ! http://g.msn.fr/FR1000/9551