geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "gianny DAMOUR" <gianny_dam...@hotmail.com>
Subject JCA ConnectionPoolDataSource
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 14:47:47 GMT
Hello,

I am "working" on an implementation of a connection pool as described by the
JDBC 3.0 specifications, section "Connection Pooling".

Basically, I have writen a DataSource which uses under the cover a pool of
PooledConnection, created via a ConnectionPoolDataSource. The current
implementation seems to be OK (I have done some basic tests with the
OracleConnectionPoolDataSource), yet it uses Jakarta commons-pool as a
foundation for the pooling facilities...

I know that Geronimo provides a basic pool implementation
(SimpleInstancePool), however its features are superseded by
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.

Hence the following question: should one use commons-pool or enhance
SimpleInstancePool?

Thanks,
Gianny

http://search.msn.fr