geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <fer...@frii.com>
Subject Re: TM
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2003 23:45:18 GMT
This one time, at band camp, Andy Zeneski said:

AZ>Reading the docs is Geronimo really going to be using Tyrex for the
AZ>Transaction Manager? What are the plans for this?
AZ>
AZ>Tyrex has caused problems for me in the past and hasn't been touched in
AZ>over a year.
AZ>
AZ>What are the plans for connection pooling?
AZ>
AZ>I am interested in JTA aware connection pools, finding a good stable
AZ>open source one is not trivial. I have been searching for one to use
AZ>standalone for quite some time.

The TM is still up in the air. Besides Tyrex, there is JOTM
(http://jotm.objectweb.org/) but it needs to be relicensed before it
could be used by Geronimo. I am not interested in writing a TM from
scratch unless there is absolutely no other solution available.

As for Connection pooling, Gianny Amour and I have briefly discussed
implementing this via use of the Jakarta Commons Pool.

Bruce

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/

Apache Geronimo