geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com
Subject Re: Status: JavaMail API implementation now at Alpha quality
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:59:30 GMT
On Wed, 17 Sep 2003, Bill de hÓra wrote:

> Danny Angus wrote:
>
> > Surely in this instance the easiest way to obtain the correct behaviour is
> > to delegate the equality to String.equals() and compare the internal STring
> > represanetaion of the called object with the toString() of the argument?
>
> I think if you were going to delegate, then delegate to
> java.net.URI, ditto for hashcode().

That was the original implementation, but Jeremy correctly picked up on
the fact that it shouldn't test on the # stuff, so the method was
re-written to take that into account.

Alex.

|*       Alex Blewitt       * Hug, and the world hugs with you *|
|*  Alex.Blewitt@ioshq.com  *                                  *|
|* Mobile: +44 7966 158 647 *    Spread a little happiness     *|