geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: who can vote?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:42:52 GMT
	Perhaps the documentation should be updated:

"However, the basic rule is that committers have binding votes, and all
others are either discouraged from voting (to keep the noise down) or else
have their votes considered of an indicative or advisory nature only."

http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/voting.html

	It does provide alternatives, but most non-committers probably
don't want to be considered "noise to keep down", and it certainly
doesn't give the same impression as the message below.

Aaron