geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Is anybody working on J2EE deployment verifier ?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 12:51:16 GMT
	The framework for a verifier is there (see o.a.g.validator in the
core module).  All that needs to be done is implement tests.  A sample
test class is available: o.a.g.validator.ejb.SessionBeanTests (though it
doesn't test much as of yet).  There is also a Wiki page describing the
validator and how to write tests:

http://wiki.codehaus.org/geronimo/Architecture/Validator

	We do need to improve the validator a bit yet, since right now it
doesn't look up the messages in a resource bundle or format parameterized
messages, but the hooks for that are there.  So if you wanted to
contribute to the validator itself, you could send in a patch for that
feature.

Aaron