geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject RE: [XML][Deployment]POJO design?
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 18:04:51 GMT
	So far, there doesn't seem to be a conclusive answer -- Greg and I
have two proposals on the table, and I think Jeremy's the only one who's
looked at the code for both, and he didn't like either.  I tried to
address his concerns (see below), but if anyone else wants to take a look
and chip in, that would be great.

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
> I had a quick look over the two solutions and have concerns with both.
>
> Aaron's seems like a much smaller fix and I am not sure it addresses all the
> issues that people have brought up on this thread. If I read it correctly,
> it requires everyone using the geronimo model to cast the results of methods
> inherited from the spec model (e.g. (geronimo.EJBRef) getEJBRef() ). This
> could quickly become a PITA.

	FWIW, I updated the patch so the Geronimo POJOs do the casts for
you.  Also, I think one of the JSR-88 classes failed to compile against
the patch, so a revision is included with the new patch.  This is the
"geronimo-ejb2.patch" file on the GERONIMO-76 issue.  If there are other
issues (besides the cast) that need to be addressed, let me know.

Aaron