geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [XML][Deployment]POJO design?
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 12:38:56 GMT
On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Alex Blewitt wrote:
> I don't see the rationale for not having an abstract supertype for the
> Session/Entity/Message beans. [It may be necessary to also have a
> separate supertype for Session/Entity as well, since there are such
> issues with the way in which the various Contexts work.]

	You can't have it both ways:

j2ee.ejb.Session extends j2ee.ejb.EJB
geronimo.ejb.EJB extends j2ee.ejb.EJB
geronimo.ejb.Session extends (j2ee.ejb.Session and geronimo.ejb.EJB???)

	The rationale for not having geronimo.ejb.EJB (the abstract
supertype for Session/Entity/Message beans) is that geronimo.ejb.Session
can't extend it!

	That's why Greg is proposing that everything in J2EE land should
turn into interfaces, but I continue to object to having all the
implementation in the Geronimo objects only, especially since you STILL
can't avoid duplicating code.

Aaron