geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [JMX] Streaming data to an MBean
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 17:49:03 GMT
	Well my hope would be to avoid a workaround such as a servlet.
I'm hoping our basic JMX interface has some provision for streaming
large transfers.  If that doesn't work out, we can work on the servlet
angle.  But that's got its own complexities -- we'd need some kind of
special handling so it's always deployed, even if the web container is
otherwise set up for virtual hosting or tight security or something.  On
the other hand, it would provide a convenient way to lock down deployment
activity to system admins only, whereas the JMX interface seems to be wide
open.

Aaron