geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject [JMX] Streaming data to an MBean
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 12:04:27 GMT
	The JSR-88 implementation needs to send the finished module to the
server to deploy, which can generally happen over the network.  The only
way I know of to invoke a server component this way is to defined an MBean
method that takes a byte array.  But I'd really rather avoid loading the
whole module in memory (I've seen 10MB EARs before, usually full of static
content and third-party libraries, and I'm sure that's not the biggest).

	Is there any way to stream the data to a JMX MBean, and let it
spool it to disk as it arrives?

	Or should we consider having something like an always-on servlet
that accepts application uploads from the JSR-88 deployer, puts them
somewhere sensible on disk, and returns a URL on the server filesystem
which then the JSR-88 deployer can pass with the DDs to a normal deploy
call on a deployer MBean?

Thanks,
	Aaron