geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: cvs commit: incubator-geronimo/modules/core/src/java/org/apache/geronimo/console/cli DConfigBeanConfigurator.java Deployer.java
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:38:36 GMT
On Thu, 4 Sep 2003, Jason Dillon wrote:
> My opinion is that these are Twiddle bits and do not belong here.
> Especially not in a console/cli package.

	I put it in there because Dain suggested that package in a message
on the 19th (though now that I look, he did recommend a separate module
from core).  If you want it somewhere else, that's fine, but where?

> I looked at this and almost committed but noticed that it only handled
> jars and was not very happy about that.  But I guess it is just the
> start.  The deploy commands should be able to deploy anything which is
> deployable IMO.

	Umm, you opted not to commit the patch because it wasn't yet a
fully-functional product?  Further, instead of making a comment describing
the enhancements you felt were required in order for the patch to be
acceptable, you simply ignored the patch for two weeks?  Surely you jest!

	In any case, there's a bit of wiring that needs to happen to
support each module type.  Right now only the EJB JAR code is in place in
JSR-88, so we could offer more options in the deploy client, but it would
just fail when the commands were passed on to JSR-88, and I thought I'd be
honest up front instead.  If you look at the code, there are todos next to
each EJB JAR line saying something along the lines of "change this once
JSR-88 supports the other module types."

Aaron