geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [vote] XML Parsing
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 19:04:35 GMT
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> Back to your example, there is all sorts of terrible xml in the ejb-jar
> file.  For example, take a quick look at the relationship declaration
> in that file.  I don't think our java beans should have a equally
> terrible mapping because a spec committee got it wrong 2 years ago.

	FYI, there is a set of JavaBeans for ejb-jar.xml in CVS now:
o.a.g.deployment.model.ejb.  Right now it is quite close to the XML
format, with exceptions such as "String[] Method.getMethodParam()" instead
of "String[] Method.getMethodParams().getMethodParam()"

	However, I had thought to move to make that *more* inline with the
XML format rather than *less* in line, because I'd like to use JXPath for
XPath processing (it resolves XPaths against POJOs, and quite well) rather
than carrying around a spare DOM with every bean tree just for XPath
resolution.  We have to do some minimal XPath translation already
(/ejb-jar to /EjbJar and so on), and if we change the beans to differ
significantly from the XML format, we'll either have to do significantly
more complex translation, or carry around the original DOM for XPath
purposes.

Aaron