geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [newbie] JMX Console - where to start?
Date Wed, 03 Sep 2003 15:55:40 GMT
On Wed, 3 Sep 2003, Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> Aaron,
>
> Alex was working on the exact kind of tree you are suggesting, and I
> asked him to hold off on it until he had the basic JMX console stuff
> working, because we need a console so bad.

	OK.  Do you want to (add and/or) identify some of the console
goals on the Wiki page as being particularly urgent?  It sounds like
there's enough interest to put some Twiddle commands together as well.

> He is using pure JMX, but I don't know what you mean by "will the
> same JSR-77 components be available?"

	Let me quote Gianni, when he was talking about how all the JSR-77
components were exposed through the MEJB:

"More accurately, the manageable objects may or may not be MBeans, in our
case they will be (Dynamic) MBeans, and should not be accessed directly.
One should use the MEJB home anrd remote interfaces to interact with them
as MBeans."

	So if you're supposed to use EJB interfaces to interact with the
JSR-77 components, and the web console operates strictly through JMX (no
MEJB), will the web console have full access to the JSR-77 components
exposed through the MEJB (because they're Dynamic MBeans in our
implementation), or will they be effectively hidden from the JMX view
because it doesn't know about the MEJB?

Aaron