geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject RE: [newbie] JMX Console - where to start?
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 20:54:14 GMT
	Twiddle is the command line framework I'm referring to.  If you
look at o.a.g.command.StartCommand (in the core module), you'll see how to
construct a command to tke advantage of it.

	But perhaps it would be best to step back a sec and start at the
top.  Shall we start a Wiki page on the topic, and assemble a list of what
functions we think the JMX console should have?  It might help to talk
through the functionality we're going for, and then see what that suggests
when it comes to the implementation.

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Matt Kurjanowicz wrote:
> As far as which angle (command line, web, etc.), I'm interested in any
> of those.  Is Twiddle what you are talking about on the command line?
> Expanding the Tomcat code sounds like a really interesting idea, but I'm
> not familiar with the code behind it.
> I am not completely familiar with JMX and JSR -77 and -88, but I am
> definitely willing to learn.  To be completely honest, I'm really new at
> J2EE stuff, but have lots of time and willingness to learn, so I've been
> playing around with different J2EE components, but nothing spectacular
> so far.

View raw message