geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [newbie] JMX Console - where to start?
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 20:29:49 GMT
	There is a bit of code in place already for a command-line
interface, which could be used to implement command-line JMX management
for Geronimo (indeed, there's already a sample command that starts the
server).  If you'd like pursue the command-line angle, I can give you some
more detail.

	I believe there was talk of extending the Tomcat 5 web UI for JMX
management for Geronimo, if you're interested in the web angle.  There is
also some OpenEJB code that could be drawn on here.  I know little about
either, but there are others on the list who could certainly tell you
more.

	If you're thinking of a Swing sort of management console, I don't
think anything concrete has even been proposed.

	In any case, are you familiar with JMX, JSR-77, and JSR-88
already?

Aaron

P.S. No design specs as such, though there are occasional formulated ideas
in the mail archive and/or the Wiki.  This is not to say a more organized
approach to design would be turned down.