geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: [XML Parsing]
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 13:28:24 GMT
On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, James Strachan wrote:
> If we go the POJO route (as described in the [vote] XML Parsing thread)
> then using Betwixt (which uses Digester) is my preferred route. We can
> then let Xerces take care of the XSD validation.

	I'm new to Betwixt, but it looks like we have two options.  One is
to define a .betwixt file for every POJO, and the other is to have one big
class which sets up all the Betrixt mappings in code.  I was hoping for
the middle solutions -- one mapping file listing all of the mappings.
Which path do you recommend?

	It seems like we'll need to do a bit of customization since some
of the tags have a mix of attributes and content (description, icon,
etc.), but hopefully we can map the same "description" bean to the
"description" element wherever it may appear.

	The Betwixt documentation would be significantly improved by an
example with a more complex XML format... I guess we can contribute one if
we go forward with this.  :)

Aaron