geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bruce Snyder <fer...@frii.com>
Subject Re: Connector architecture
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 03:56:32 GMT
This one time, at band camp, gianny DAMOUR said:

gD>Bruce Snyder wrote:
gD>>I was looking into the JBoss JCA to see how it was implemented so
gD>>that I could begin to think about what is needed for the Geronimo
gD>>implemention. However, I've been sidetracked trying to fix network
gD>>problems in my house. I'm guessing that this is going to keep me busy at
gD>>least through the weekend. Once this is complete, I'll be digging back in.
gD>Bruce, thanks for your answer.
gD>
gD>What will keep you busy? To reverse engeneer the JBoss Java Connector
gD>Architecture or to make sense of the JCA specifications?
gD>
gD>Perhaps that to have a look to the specifications is the first thing to be
gD>done.

I was trying to take a look at what was done for JBoss. After doing
so, I'm not sure that looking at it will help us. I agree that we
should simply focus on the spec.

gD>>I'm also hopeful that David Jencks may be able to make some time to
gD>>work on this with us as he was the architect behind the JBoss JCA and
gD>>he certainly has his mind wrapped around this.
gD>
gD>Great. I have implemented a part of the "Work Management" section (the
gD>implementation uses extensively the Doug Lea concurrent library) and I
gD>should be able to submit a patch this week-end (it is still under
gD>unit-test). Hence, if you can have a quick look to this upcoming patch I
gD>would highly appreciate.

I just found your patch in JIRA. I'll take a look at it and get
back to you.

Bruce

The Castor Project
http://www.castor.org/