geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [JavaMail][PMC] Allowing commit access to modules/mail and specs/javamail
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 20:37:58 GMT
Alex,

> Has it been resolved whether or not it is possible to arrange for
> commit access to a sub-directory of the CVS server w/o having to be a
> full Apache committer?

As as been said to you before, there has been on-going discussion with Sun
to see if they are going to provide JavaMail, JNDI, and other components.
If not, clearly we need to go ahead with the kind of effort that you are
doing.  I have just (literally just) had this discussion with Sun again, and
indicated that it was really time to fish or cut bait.  Unfortunately, as
has been said before, you are working on a different timeframe than Sun.  I
hope to hear from them within two more weeks, but to you that sounds like a
snail's pace.

If it is necessary for us to implement our own JavaMail/JAF packages (and we
almost certainly want to do transports/stores), Serge, Danny, and I have all
commented that we could create a JavaMail module under the James project,
and could raise a vote of James committers to vote access to you and others
for that sub-project.

We have a raft of issues with JavaMail, and would love to have you working
on them with us.

	--- Noel