geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Boynes" <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject RE: Geronimo Deployment Descriptors -- and premature optimisation
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2003 21:35:02 GMT

I originally said:

"This allows us, if we wish, to pre-compile the configuration information
into other forms. For example, it could be an archive of serialized MBean
states that can simply be unmarshalled by the server and started. This has
many potential advantages, such as reducing the startup time for very large
applications or reducing the resources required for an embedded server."

which is hardly advocating excessive premature optimization, just
illustrating a possible future path.

Please do not misrepresent me.

--
Jeremy