geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Boynes" <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject RE: [vote] Aaron Mulder as committer
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 02:29:23 GMT
On the Incubator page for Geronimo here
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/geronimo.html the Roles and
Responsibilities link points to the approach described for Jakarta here
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/roles.html which describes a public voting
process.

On the Incubator Documents page
http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/newcommitters.html it says: "If a
developer has contributed a signicant number of high-quality patches, is
interested in continuing the contribution, and has demonstrated the ability
to work well with others under the Apache guidelines, a committer can
propose a [VOTE] on the developer mailing list to grant the developer commit
access."

The email below is actually based on one used on the struts-dev list.

This is a publicly described process and we voted to follow it. If this is
an issue, then it is larger than Geronimo and should be discussed in a
different forum.

As people have been "banging down the door" I think we should continue with
the publically endorsed approach until other issues are resolved.

--
Jeremy