geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jeremy Boynes" <jer...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject RE: [XML][Deployment]POJO design?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 21:56:55 GMT

I had a quick look over the two solutions and have concerns with both.

Aaron's seems like a much smaller fix and I am not sure it addresses all the
issues that people have brought up on this thread. If I read it correctly,
it requires everyone using the geronimo model to cast the results of methods
inherited from the spec model (e.g. (geronimo.EJBRef) getEJBRef() ). This
could quickly become a PITA.

Greg's is much larger, but I have reservations about the actual data model.
For example, EJB extends JNDINameable but MDB's do not have a JNDI binding.
I am also confused about the meaning of JNDINameable as both EJB and EJBRef
are subclasses but the jndi-name element has very different meaning between
them.

We also seemed to have lost the JNDIEnvironmentRefs interface used by
ComponentContextBuilder so (and I admit I have not tested it) I am curious
about how it works.

--
Jeremy