geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Sagenschneider, Daniel A" <>
Subject RE: [XML Parsing]
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 06:03:47 GMT
Hi all,

I've just joined the mailing list and have read the last few messages relating to matching
to target methods (I assume this to be the client calls on the EJB interfaces to matching
target methods of the EJBs - please correct me if I'm wrong).

To put a vote against reflective mapping, Sun specs indicate that the EJBs are to be referenced
via their interfaces for extended periods of times (it indicates potentially years).  If a
reflective mapping were to be utilised, it would allow the loose coupling to have the EJBs
upgraded on the server (with potentially changing interfaces) thus allowing the client to
continuously access the EJBs.

The other potential is to formulate a naming system that can cater to versioning of the EJB
interfaces, which will ultimately require having to uniquely identify overloaded methods (i.e.
complete method signatures) - this may be as expensive to decode as it would take the lookup

NOTE: if tight coupling between Server EJB version and Client EJB version is required then
this will not be an issue.

Daniel Sagenschneider

View raw message