geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: javax.servlet
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 21:06:41 GMT
That was not really my point. I think we should have a source copy in
out spec tree for completeness.  Otherwise, users will have to go to
several locations to get the source and jars for a J2EE application.
Maybe we can merge our spec tree and the jakarta stuff into a single
top level project like spec.apache.org or commons.apache.org/spec.  I
like the idea of a spec project because it should have a stronger
control structure then commons should have.

Also, the jars on ibiblio do not contain the jsp package.

-dain

On Friday, September 5, 2003, at 03:49 PM, Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-servletapi/
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-servletapi-4/
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-servletapi-5/
>
> --- Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:
>> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>>
>>> I think we need our own copy of the javax.servlet apis in our spec
>>> tree.  The current one on ibiblio doesn't have the javax.servlet.jsp
>>> jars, and I personally think it would be nice to have a complete
>>> copy of
>>> the entire j2ee classes.  That we we can release a
>>> geronimo-j2ee-spec.jar that has all the j2ee class, so user only
>>> needs
>>> one thing to build an application.
>>>
>>> Anyone want to do this?
>>
>> FWIW I believe We already host the javax.servlet APIs in APache land.
>> At least in CVS.
>>
>> --
>>
>> "They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
>> safety
>>   deserve neither liberty nor safety."
>>                  - Benjamin Franklin
>>

> =====