geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Geronimo Deployment Descriptors
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 10:41:05 GMT
Is the spec leaning towards using namespaces to handle this ?  if it is
then we should impl this way, otherwise we are just asking for trouble
with 3rd deployment tools and shit.  Personally I like using namespaces
though, makes more sense IMO.

--jason

On Sunday, September 7, 2003, at 05:20  PM, Emerson Cargnin wrote:

> -1. I think that changing the default thinking of ejb-jar.xml for
> non-specific server config. and server-name-ejb-jar.xml for specific
> deploying settings is a bad thing. Good or bad this is a pattern that
> is
> going on for a while in J2EE, why changing it? Let ejb-jar.xml be the
> default one, and geronimo-ejb-jar.xml be our specific server
> configuration
> file. IMHO.
>
> Emerson Cargnin

>>> attractive.  JSR154 was considering supporting such descriptor