geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Monson-Haefel <Rich...@Monson-Haefel.com>
Subject Re: [vote] Aaron Mulder as committer
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 06:30:33 GMT
On 9/11/03 12:48 PM, in article
GHEHKNNAODAPCLJONCCDEEJOCPAA.jeremy@coredevelopers.net, "Jeremy Boynes"
<jeremy@coredevelopers.net> wrote:

> Aaron has been involved in Geronimo since its launch and has submitted
> numerous patches. He has shown initiative in taking on areas that were not
> being developed and that were likely to be needed imminently; for example,
> implementation of JSR88 functionality, a command line deployer and EJB
> verifier. He has actively participated in design discussions and has shown
> an ability to work with other Contributors.
>
> I would like to nominate Aaron Mulder as a Committer and here's my +1.
>
> [ ] +1 - I agree.
> [ ] +0 - I agree, but think we should wait until ...
> [ ] -0 - I disagree, but not enough to stop the train.
> [ ] -1 - I disagree and my reason(s) are/is ......
>
> --
> Jeremy

+ 0

I'll be perfectly honest: I had reservations about Aaron when he started
initiative, but I've seem him become combative in the past. He hasn't been
that way on this project, but than again he has been working hard to obtain
commit access and doesn't want to piss anyone off before this vote takes
place.  I can't give him a +1 but I can't disregard his contributions to
this project either, so a -1 is inappropriate.

There. That is honest feedback on a public list. I debated doing this. The
fact that I debated speaking my mind at all, convinced me that private
voting in the PMC is a must. You want honesty in a public forum, then people
are going to be hurt -- or at least offended.  I'm sorry, Aaron if this has
offended or embarrassed you in any way. I felt compelled to be honest.
Apparently David Blevins and others feel you deserve commit access ... I
respect there opinions and won't object.

--
Richard Monson-Haefel
Co-Founder\Developer, Apache Geronimo