geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Monson-Haefel <Rich...@Monson-Haefel.com>
Subject Re: Comments on committer process
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 04:45:34 GMT
On 9/10/03 12:49 PM, in article
EA8E6576-E3C7-11D7-B8F0-000393DB559A@coredevelopers.net, "Dain Sundstrom"
<dain@coredevelopers.net> wrote:

> I think it is a great idea to keep a summary of votes on the wiki, but
> I believe that we are required (i.e., not even an option... end of
> story) to vote on the mailing list.

+1 (I was tempted to put +2 as a joke, but decided against it.)

> I think we should have person opening the vote create a summary on he
> wiki and I think we should have the person aggregating the vote log the
> final summary on the wiki.  This way we can have the formal record in
> the email and an easy to read record in the wiki.  The best of both
> worlds for only twice the work :)
>
> -dain

+1 To ensure that the Wiki accurately reflects the final vote tally from the
mailing list, only the aggregating person can be the last person to have
edited the page. If someone (i.e. A non-committer) modifies the page, it
should be disregarded or rolled back.