geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [XML Parsing]
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 08:12:10 GMT
On Friday, September 5, 2003, at 03:02 AM, Sagenschneider, Daniel A
wrote:

> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>> The reflective mapping is build inside the running container on the
>> server side during startup and is private to the container.  Clients
>> never see it, so you have nothing to worry about.
>
> When looking for speed ups, we may potentially remove some of the
> loose coupling to obtain the speed.  The EJB method is invoked by the
> client and this is marshalled by the server to perform the EJB method.
>  A client implementation of the EJB interface is required to request
> the server to perform the method on the pooled EJB method. Looking at
> the worst case, Remote , we need to identify the method invoked which
> must be done in a serialised manor.

There are a bunch of common methods (equals, isIdentical,
getPrimaryKey) that can be handled on the client directly.

> Chris Nokleberg wrote:
>> Since the set of keys is fixed, it actually is possible to generate
>> code
>> faster than a generic hash map.
>
> Thus as there is a fixed number of methods possible, we could
> ultimately define each method (including overriden methods) with an
> ordinal integer.  On this number we could then provide the method
> mapping through code generation - a switch statement. The solution is
> still transparent to the client as it is contained within the Stub.
> Potentially we can reuse this for Local interfaces also.  The code
> generation can also provide hooks in for the appropriate security and
> transaction requirements.

Already got that one... That is the way the remoting framework is
implemented today.

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner