geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <>
Subject Re: Geronimo Deployment Descriptors
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 01:50:23 GMT
That is not what Jeremy did.  He has extended the j2ee schema using the
xml extension system.  If the spec committee did not want the schemas
extended they would have marked them as final.  So we have our own
schema the extends the j2ee one and allows for our tags to be added.

Also note he wrote that out files our files would have a different
name.  For example, ejb-jar.xml would be named geronimo-ejb-jar.xml.
If the user had the geronimo file, that is what we would use to deploy,
if they only had an ejb-jar.xml file then they would get a default
deployment.  Basically this is the same thing as what JB does, except
instead of having a weird 2 file thing we put everything in a single
consistent descriptor.

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner
  * Core Developers Network