geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: Maven remote repository stable?
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 13:02:57 GMT
On Monday, Sep 1, 2003, at 13:55 Europe/London, gianny DAMOUR wrote:

> I would like to know if anyone is facing some issues when downloading
> archives from the remote repository?
>
> And more generally if the remote repository
> (http://www.ibiblio.org/maven) is stable. Indeed, most of the time
> I've got the feeling that it simply does not respond.
>
> Moreover, anyone knows if it is possible to retrieve the archives via
> FTP.

I'd also like to know whether it's beneficial to keep hitting ibiblio
to get the -DEV snapshots. Wouldn't it be better to fix a stable(ish)
version of the code, and then update the maven.xml file as necessary
when other releases are sent out? Otherwise it will just keep hitting
ibiblio every time it does a build (assuming that you're not using
maven -o) which causes some transient errors during builds.

If we pinned some of the -DEV snapshots so that they weren't hit every
time, I get the feeling that there wouldn't be as many problems created
during building.

Anyone with more experience of Maven know if this is possible?

Alex.