geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Re: [javamail] Failing tests
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2003 13:34:43 GMT
On Thursday, Sep 4, 2003, at 12:26 Europe/London, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Is is just me who sees that the specs/javamail tests are failing?
>
> --jason

I have checked through the code, and there are a number of new changes
that have been made in the JavaMail code that weren't reflected in the
patches that I sent in. Unfortunately, one of the patches that I sent
in erroneously included all tests (my fault), which was applied and
therefore resulted in some of the tests failing.

The tests

specs/javamail/src/test/javax/mail/MessageContextTest.java
specs/javamail/src/test/javax/mail/internet/MimeMessageTest.java

should not have been put into the repository (yet), as they both depend
on MimeMessage which is not yet fully implemented in the repo.

The easiest solution to disable these tests temporarily will be to
comment out the body of  the MessageContextTest and MimeMessageTest,
which will stop any tests running in those classes.

I have filed bug
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=GERONIMO-71 along
with a patch to do this such that the tests in the JavaMail package
will run as intended. I have checked with a fresh copy of Geronimo and
these seem to execute without failures.

When I have finished implementing the JavaMail MimeMessage, these tests
can be re-enabled and I will submit a patch to update both MimeMessage
and related tests at the same time in the near future.

My fault ...

Alex.