geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Faiz <>
Subject RE: [vote] Aaron Mulder as committer
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2003 01:41:57 GMT
I'd agree with that.

The votes are very friendly at the moment but I can imagine controversial

I don't know the Apache process for handling this sort of thing; a quiet
vote among the current committers and project heads might be worthwhile. We
could simply see the results emailed out or an email could be sent to each
coder whom was voted in.

Nick Faiz.

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Bannert []
Sent: Friday, 12 September 2003 11:34 AM
Subject: Re: [vote] Aaron Mulder as committer

I don't think it's a good idea to hold public votes on things like this.

Normally, the PMC conducts these votes on the project pmc mailing list,
but since this project isn't yet out of incubation, that responsibility
falls to the incubator pmc. If you believe someone should gain commit
access to this project, feel free to bring it up to someone on the PMC
(or write to

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 10:48  AM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Aaron has been involved in Geronimo since its launch and has submitted
> numerous patches. He has shown initiative in taking on areas that were
> not
> being developed and that were likely to be needed imminently; for
> example,
> implementation of JSR88 functionality, a command line deployer and EJB
> verifier. He has actively participated in design discussions and has
> shown
> an ability to work with other Contributors.
> I would like to nominate Aaron Mulder as a Committer and here's my +1.
> [ ] +1 - I agree.
> [ ] +0 - I agree, but think we should wait until ...
> [ ] -0 - I disagree, but not enough to stop the train.
> [ ] -1 - I disagree and my reason(s) are/is ......
> --
> Jeremy

View raw message