geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: new to geronimo
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2003 06:49:43 GMT
On Monday, September 22, 2003, at 05:53  am, Srinath Perera wrote:
> Hi
>
> but found almost nothing in FAQ about what is to
>> do next nor even where to get "the big picture" of the project.
> I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM .... anybody knows some place, article ect
> that describes
> the projects big picture. Am specially intersted in web service
> related (axis related :) )
> side.

Big picture = the full J2EE stack :). So the 1.4 J2EE specification is
a good document that describes the big picture.

If you look at how, say, the web container slots into the Geronimo core
via JMX & the deployment JSRs (77/88) you'll get an idea of what we
need to do to integrate Axis into Geronimo as another service. e.g.
look at modules/web. Fancy having a go at creating a modules/ws for
binding Axis into Geronimo? Eventually we'll be able to bind managed
mail & JMS resources into Axis directly.

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/