geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject [buildsystem] Added conditional test execution
Date Mon, 01 Sep 2003 18:52:00 GMT
This is related to some comments made by Dain a while ago.  I was
spending entirely too much time waiting for tests to pass which had
already passed before, so I added a some fluff to only run tests if
bits under src/* have changed.

I personally commented on this before and thought it was a bad idea.  I
objected because a depend could have changed and cause the tests to
fail.  I changed my thinking on this, in that the tests for a module
are for that modules code and not the depend.  If a depend module
changes its tests should catch problems and such.

Anyways, you can set -Dmaven.test.force=true to bypass the check and
get the default maven behavior.

Tests are a good thing and we should add more of them, but that should
not be a hindrance to the build in general, so I added this hack to
bypass if the tests ran successfully and none of the module's sources
changed.

--jason