geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bordet, Simone" <simone.bor...@hp.com>
Subject RE: ] JMX implementation, adaptors
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 15:41:02 GMT
Hi,

> I understand that protocol adaptors and connectors are not
> covered by the
> JMX specifications and hence that to use the out-of-the-box
> RMI adaptor
> provided by MX4J was binding the implementation to MX4J.

This was true in the past, but JSR 160 will be final in few days, and specifies standard connectors
for JMX (and MX4J implements JSR 160).

> Hence this question: can we use provider specific features or is it
> forbidden in order to ensure the "portability"?

I don't see any problem to use provider specific features to remote-enable Geronimo. Exposing
it via JSR 160 will be a good choice, however. The 2 solutions can coexist IMHO.

Simon