geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: Status: JavaMail API implementation now at Alpha quality
Date Tue, 16 Sep 2003 20:50:07 GMT
On Tuesday, September 16, 2003, at 01:55 PM, Bill de hÓra wrote:

> Seeing as RMH kicked off some honest speaking earlier, here's my 2c on
> all this malarky.
>
> I'm not seeing peer review on this thread. not by a long shot. I think
> Alex is catching some negative feedback that doesn't strike me as
> clear, useful, or informative. I certainly wouldn't be sure what to do
> to get better after sucking it up. People here, especially those with
> commit and  membership liberties can perhaps do better than
> non-respond to (it seems to me) a fair question by citing the poster
> as melodramatic, or claim patches are being dumped on them again.

I suggest you go back and read the Alex threads.  The reason no one
wants to respond is they don't want to get into this exact kind of
pissing match.  It is an extreme waste of time and almost none of the
threads come to a conclusion, and most end in a rant about how the big
bad committers are crushing his enthusiasm.  Alex has already burned
out David Blevins and my self, and it looks like Jeremy is close to
giving up on working with him.  After that I don't know who would be
willing to work with him, and since he has burned a lot of bridges
already I don't see him getting commit access anytime soon.

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner
  * Core Developers Network