geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject [moving-code] Boot time services to kernel module
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2003 23:53:11 GMT
Unless someone objects.  I'm going to move the boot time services code
to the kernel module.  The main motivation for this is the current
class loading is broken because the geronimo-core jar is booted on the
system class path so any service in core must have all of the classes
it depends on in the system class path.

I am defining any boot time services as any code necessary load an
empty boot-service.xml file.  Since the boot-service.xml file can
define a class loader for the service in the file, we don't need to
include anything extra.  This will include the Main class and most of
deployment.

-dain

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner