geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Elias Sinderson <el...@cse.ucsc.edu>
Subject Re: new to geronimo
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:41:07 GMT
n. alex rupp wrote:

>My advice to you would be to familiarize yourself with as many of the
>current J2EE standards as you can [...] (JSRs 3, 77, 88, 160, 220, 221, 222 come to
>mind)

JSR 151 (J2EE 1.4) and JSR 153 (EJB 2.1) are also good references for
someone trying to get a handle on this stuff. FYI, a list of relevant
specs is being maintained on the project wiki at
<http://wiki.codehaus.org/geronimo/J2EESpecs>.

>[...] As always, there's no better way to learn code than to read code (except to
>write code of course). [...]
One of the areas that has been identified as a good place to start
contributing to the project and, indeed, any open source project) is by
writing test cases. There are a number of areas that need better
coverage, and this exercise will help oen become familliar with a module
and it's associated APIs. Although admittedly a bit out of date, the
maven generated project site has pages on test coverage for the
different modules. From the link above, select the module, then Project
Reports > Clover ...

Cheers,
Elias