geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill de hÓra <b...@dehora.net>
Subject Re: Status: JavaMail API implementation now at Alpha quality
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2003 09:23:45 GMT
n. alex rupp wrote:

> If I were arguing your point, I'd just ask the spec lead for javamail--I
> imagine they'd be willing to give you some direction and perhaps give your
> argument some authority (failing that, they'd clarify this matter so people
> could shrug shoulders and move on).

Jeremy Boynes posted some rules:

[[[
The rules are simple:
1) Implement what the spec says
2) If the spec is ambiguous, do what the RI does
3) If you think the RI is wrong, live with it
]]]

which should be modified:

[[[
1) Implement what the spec says
2) If the spec is ambiguous, talk to the spec lead
3) If you think the spec/lead is is wrong, do what the RI does
4) If the RI has a bug, file the bug, but stay bug compatible
]]]

Bill de hÓra