geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: [jsr77][core] Components & Containers.
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 04:25:16 GMT

Greg Wilkins wrote:
 > But, hopefully most of it can be solved with some renaming and/or
 > a minor restructure.

Actually reading Giany's issues (14 & 73),  I think we need a
bit more of a rename/restructure.

It does appear that our current AbstractComponent and AbstractContainer
really should be ManagedObjects and it is simple to make them implement the
ManagedObject interface.

Also instead of renaming them to StateManageableComponent & StateManageableContainer
(as per my previous email) I think it makes more sense to rename them to
ManagedComponent and ManagedContainer

However, they should probably extend AbstractManagedObject - which currently
duplicates much of the content of AbstractStateManageable.  Thus I think
AbstractStateManageable should be moved to kernel and used as the base for
AbstracteManagedObject.

Thus we would end up with the following hierarchy:

kernel:
                                                       <<StateManageable>>
                                                           ^

                                                       AbstractStateManageable
                                                           ^

                                                       AbstractManagedObject
                                                           ^
core:                                                     |
          <<Component>>  <--- AbstractComponent  <---  ManagedComponent
          <<Container>>  <--- AbstractContainer -----o ManagedContainer