geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject [jsr77][core] AbstractContainer start dependancies
Date Mon, 15 Sep 2003 00:54:31 GMT

Jan has noticed that the current implementation of AbstractContainer.addComponent
creates a start dependancy so that the component must be started before the
container is started.

I think this is the wrong way around, as it is legal in jsr77 for a container to
contain stopped components - else startRecursive would not be needed.

This is causing Jan grief with the webcontainer, as it is insisting that
the webconnectors and webapplications are started before they are
added to the webcontainer - which is not possible.

I have changed this so that the dependancy says that the container must
be started before the component is. It does not appear to break anything else
and it makes Jan's webcontainer start.   So I'll go for a lazy consensus on
this and commit this change tuesday unless anybody objects.

cheers

PS. I still have some major concerns with the naming/structure of these
classes and will shortly propose at least a renaming.