geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bill de hÓra <b...@dehora.net>
Subject Re: [vote] Process for adding committers
Date Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:21:38 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> and once geronimo has a critical mass, regular processes can be used.

I think Geronimo has critical mass now. I also think the normal
process will work out fine. I understand folks want to get stuck in,
but I don't see anything special about this project that would
require a new process or even a process bootstrap.

And, he said darkly, altering processes now potentially sets a
precedent for future abuse. I haven't committed anything except
words so far, so I don't dare vote, but my opinion is that the
current committers should be given the benefit of the doubt. This
project still is a few weeks young, give it some time to settle.

Bill de hÓra