geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: [XML][Deployment]POJO design?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 06:27:45 GMT

I've had a look at Aarons patch posted to
   http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=GERONIMO-76

While better - it still suffers from trying to provide two inheritance
trees and only fully implementing one of them.  This works for now because
we have so few geronimo specific elements in the tree.

I've been working on the alternatives I have suggested.  Firstly I stand corrected
that the interface approach is not less code.  It's about the same, what it gains
in removed duplicate code it looses in the extra interface classes required.
Again because we have so little geronimo specific config in the tree at the moment,
it looks a little silly.

Thus I have gone ahead with the much simpler model of just a single tree
of geronimo DD POJOs.  I have posted a tar of the code to the issue for
people to review.  I have also fixed up the naming convention of the classes (Ejb -> EJB
etc.)
It is compiling and passing the test harnesses - but I'm not sure how good they
are so I'll do some more testing shortly.

So I think it is over to people other than Aaron and myself to get some
feedback.

cheers

PS. If somebody is really keen on the standard interface version - I have
a copy of that which compiles for deployment - but I have not fixed up the rest of the
code to use it.