geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: [XML][Deployment]POJO design?
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 04:51:10 GMT

Aaron Mulder wrote:
> 	What can I say?  I am not convinced by your concerns.  I don't
> mean to be rude,

Disagreement is not rude - so don't worry about it.
People disagree - it happens and we have to work it out as best we can.

 > I just don't mind a cast here or there, and if you want
> to wrap the property with additional helper methods that do the cast for
> you, you can even eliminate that.

I think the reason we are disagreeing is at the moment there is
little more than getJndiName as an extra method here or there.  So my
concerns about the typing hierarchy don't look huge and can be
overcome with a bit of cut and paste and a few casts.

But I still maintain that if the type hierarchy is not correct, then we
are just going to have more and more problems if and when we add more
geronimo specific configuration.

Anyway - I'm almost ready with my own patch - so we can compare and contrast
that with yours in a few hours

cheers