geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Deployment Descriptors
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 00:10:19 GMT

Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Then let's do that :-)
>
> But let's not stop dead in the water while we debate.

Would it be possible to change the descriptor loading code so that
when it needs load a GeronimoEjbJarDocument it:

  1) loads ejb-jar.xml into a GeronimoEjbJarDocument
  2) loads geronimo-ejb-jar.xml on top of the Document loaded from 1)

We could then remove the standard elements from
   modules/core/src/schema/geronimo-ejb-jar.xsd
to get the traditional two file approach, or leave them in to get
the override behaviour I have previously suggested (but don't like too much).
We could even make step 1) optional if you wanted your behavior as an
option.

This should be able to be done abstractly so that we have the same double
load behaviour of all xxx.xml and geronimo-xxx.xml descriptors.

Thus we can write code while we debate - the webcontainer will not be
stopped dead because ejb descriptor solution is not appropriate for it - and
once the debate is complete it will be simple to change the behaviour for
all descriptors to what is agreed.

cheers