geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Wilkins <gr...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: [classloaders] JarUrlConnection not working?
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 22:54:23 GMT

Jason Dillon wrote:
>> I suggest you just use run:main as it doesn't use the classworld
>> stuff.  I want to get rid of the classworld stuff.
>
> Classworlds is your friend... just need to configure her to know about
> shite.  The current setup is whacked I must admit, put that together
> quick just to make it work, but now that things have changed & actually
> deploying thingys needs to be revisited.

I don't know enough about classworlds or the alternatives to say if
we should or should not use it.

But considering that we are now using it and may continue to do so, I
have modified Jetty to avoid tickling the bug in classworlds and
will get snapshot updated soon.   I'll try to get a bug report to the
werken folks soon.

I also think that Jan should apply her patch to set the parent classloader
of the ClassSpace loader - on the basis that the wrong parent classloader is
at least better than no parent classloader :-)

cheers