geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Bartel <j...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: [Build] Maven run
Date Sun, 07 Sep 2003 05:49:52 GMT
Dain,

OK I tried maven run:main, and  get a class not found exception:
run:main:
     [java] 15:41:43,725 INFO  [Geronimo] Starting JMXKernel
     [java] 15:41:44,184 INFO  [JMXKernel] Booting MLets from URL
file:/home/janb/src/incubator-geronimo/target/geronimo-DEV/etc/boot.mlet
     [java] 15:41:44,666 ERROR [Geronimo] Error starting Server
     [java] javax.management.RuntimeErrorException: null nested error is
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xerces/parsers/SAXParser
     [java] java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/xerces/parsers/SAXParser
     [java]      at
org.apache.geronimo.jmx.GeronimoMBeanInfoXMLLoader.<init>(GeronimoMBeanInfoXMLLoader.java:75)
<snip>

This seems to be because the maven.xml file specificially excludes the
xerces jar from the classpath for the run:main target. Why is this? I
included it and now I seem to be able to run the test deployment OK.

Jan