geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel S. Haischt" ...@daniel.stefan.haischt.name>
Subject Re: Who are working on the JMS integration
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2003 09:14:28 GMT
Stefan Schuster wrote:

[...]
> Maybe we should take a look at more JMS provider
> implementations than just openJMS see what they are
> using as an interface to the j2ee server, so we
> can pick an interface that is supported by as many
> providers as possible.

just an idea:

what about creating an APL licensed resource adapter for
JORAM. JORAM implements the JMS 1.1 API and supports
distributed (XA) transactions.

recap:

  js> However if Geronimo links to the JMS API (which we
  js> have an ASF/BSD version of it) then a user could
  js> deploy JORAM inside Geronimo. Though due to the
  js> LGPL licence Apache couldn't bundle JORAM inside
  js> it and host it at Apache - though others could if
  js> they wished. e.g. ObjectWeb could host a deployment
  js> of Geronimo with LGPL stuff inside it.

my presumption is, that the source module of the resource
adapter does _not_ contain the JORAM libraries. instead
they will reside at ...

  -> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/

... and will be downloaded as required. would that be an
acceptable solution?

regards

daniel s. haischt