geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Blewitt <Alex.Blew...@ioshq.com>
Subject Comments on committer process
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2003 18:11:38 GMT
On Wednesday, Sep 10, 2003, at 19:02 Europe/London, Noel J. Bergman
wrote:

> When the process starts, your name would naturally and normally be at
> the
> top of a list.  But the hard sell is going to rub at least some people
> the
> wrong way, and I would hate to see that happen.

Sorry, wasn't meant to be a hard sell.

> I know it is tough, but kick back and give the process time to settle
> in.
> This is all part of incubation.  The Community must learn how to
> operate.
> Sometimes it takes a bit of strain before people realize that something
> really does need to get done.

I merely filed it so that it would encourage other potentially
interested committers to put their names forward. After all, I'm sure
that people know me by now -- but what about others who are working
towards that goal as well?

As one someone's earlier mails pointed out, sometimes it's just that it
needs a kick-started process to get the ASF process into action, and in
essence, that's the point of Davanum's original suggestion.

It's also been suggested that a Wiki would work for the same effect,
but it's more likely that the current committers are going to read this
mailing list so having a record of other interested people would be
more advantageous if brought up on the e-mail list.

Does that explain why I filed it a little better?

Alex.