geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: [javamail] Failing tests
Date Fri, 05 Sep 2003 01:42:22 GMT
I fixed it.  In MailDateFormatTest, you are parsing a date into a Date
object and then loading it into a Calendar to test that the parse was
correct.  The problem is when you create the Date object you lose you
time zone information, so when you create the Calendar it creates it in
the machine timezone.  I'd bet you are in BST so it worked for you, but
in any other timezone it fails.  I change the test to explicitly set
the timezone on the new Calendar.

I was personally surprised at workings of Calendar.  I suggest when
ever we do Calendar tests we put the timezone somewhere in the middle
of the Pacific Ocean.

-dain

On Thursday, September 4, 2003, at 08:34 AM, Alex Blewitt wrote:

> On Thursday, Sep 4, 2003, at 12:26 Europe/London, Jason Dillon wrote:
>
>> Is is just me who sees that the specs/javamail tests are failing?
>>
>> --jason
>
> I have checked through the code, and there are a number of new changes
> that have been made in the JavaMail code that weren't reflected in the
> patches that I sent in. Unfortunately, one of the patches that I sent
> in erroneously included all tests (my fault), which was applied and
> therefore resulted in some of the tests failing.
>
> The tests
>
> specs/javamail/src/test/javax/mail/MessageContextTest.java
> specs/javamail/src/test/javax/mail/internet/MimeMessageTest.java
>
> should not have been put into the repository (yet), as they both
> depend on MimeMessage which is not yet fully implemented in the repo.
>
> The easiest solution to disable these tests temporarily will be to
> comment out the body of  the MessageContextTest and MimeMessageTest,
> which will stop any tests running in those classes.
>
> I have filed bug
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=GERONIMO-71 along
> with a patch to do this such that the tests in the JavaMail package
> will run as intended. I have checked with a fresh copy of Geronimo and
> these seem to execute without failures.
>
> When I have finished implementing the JavaMail MimeMessage, these
> tests can be re-enabled and I will submit a patch to update both
> MimeMessage and related tests at the same time in the near future.
>
> My fault ...
>
> Alex.

  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner